410 East 57th Street

Co-op, Prewar
77 units
  • 77 RESIDENCES
  • 15 STORIES
  • BUILT 1929

The Details

About 410 East 57th Street

Built in 1928 and converted in 1963, 410 East 57th Street is a pre-eminent, full service, pre-war co-op in the Sutton Place area featuring manned elevators, mail delivery to your door, lovely garden and gym.

key features
  • Doorman
  • Elevator Operator
  • Central laundry room
  • Common courtyard
  • Common garden
  • Exercise room
  • Private storage

Units

UnitsPriceBedsBathsInterior Sq.FtTypeContactFloorplan
Get to know the Sutton Area

Sutton Place and its surrounding neighborhood stretch only from 53rd to 59th, and between First Avenue and the East River, but together they include some of Manhattan’s most expensive real estate. The area’s spine is the street known as Sutton Place from 57th to 59th, and Sutton Place South from 53rd to 57th, while the riverfront is bookended by two small parks. The existence of the street reflects the fact that geography didn’t oblige completely when it came time to lay a grid over Manhattan. At those points where the island widens, York Avenue and Sutton Place were added rather than leaving large areas without a north-south thoroughfare. The street became especially desirable around 1920 when monied families moved in. After a brief downturn in the 1930s, fortunes rose again, and the area has remained an example of Manhattan living at its most elegant.

Sutton Area Neighborhood Guide
powered by GreatSchools